Nursing Coordinator & Educator for Diploma of Nursing program
Greenhill Education Group Pty Ltd
About the business
Greenhill Education Group Pty Ltd trading as RGIT Australia is a leading vocational education provider. With a founding principal of delivering excellence in training, RGIT Australia is proud to offer a learning environment that pays particular attention to student welfare and to fostering equal educational opportunities for students of all ages.
Situated in an easily accessible location in Melbourne’s CBD, the institute is looking for a highly motivated and dedicated Nursing Coordinator/Educator to lead the Institute’s Nursing Department.
About the role
The Nursing Coordinator/Educator will provide academic leadership in delivering specific units of study in the learning program. Duties include, contributing to the Diploma of Nursing ANMAC reaccreditation proposal. Facilitating student learning through teaching and learning activities, coordinating professional experience placements, marking of assessments and facilitating communication with colleagues, healthcare industry and students. The Nursing Coordinator/Educator will liaise with students, support staff, other educators and will report to the Campus Course Coordinator.
Main Responsibilities include:
- Supporting the development of the Diploma of Nursing ANMAC reaccreditation proposal.
- Taking a leadership role in the Nursing Department.
- Diploma of Nursing course implementation, delivery and evaluation.
- Develop Diploma of Nursing resources and undertake assessment tool validation.
- Associated administrative tasks.
- Liaise with students, support staff, other educators and report to the Campus Course Coordinator.
- Facilitate student’s clinical practice placements and undertake networking with healthcare partners.
- Communicate with Clinical Placement Coordinator (CPC) to ensure effective and appropriate professional experiences for students.
- Guide students through their clinical placements, provide regular feedback and ensure a flexible supportive approach occurs.
- Measure student’s performance against the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia competencies for the Enrolled Nurse.
Plan, prepare and deliver education according to Diploma of Nursing program requirements.
Skills and experience
- Bachelor of Nursing degree or higher.
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment – 40116 (MUST).
- Minimum 1-2 years current professional experience in coordinating and training (preferable).
- Minimum 3 years Nursing experience in the industry with current knowledge and clinical skills.
- Current work experience in the VET industry relevant to the Diploma of Nursing program.
- Current APHRA Registration as a Registered Nurse.
- In-depth understanding of ASQA/ANMAC regulatory guidelines and standards is highly desirable.
Highly desirable skills include:
· Experience within the VET sector as a trainer and/or coordinator.
· Post Grad Qualifications in a nursing related field.
RGIT Australia offers a friendly and supportive work environment. If you believe you are qualified for this position, please e-mail your cover letter and resume to [email protected]The application form will include these questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Police Check (National Police Certificate) for employment?
- Do you have a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment?
- Do you have experience working for a registered training organisation (RTO)?
- What’s your expected annual base salary?